Quotes

Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world - Bette Midler

Louboutins please x x


Wednesday 21 March 2012

Change is good!!

On the journey that is my life, it is my belief that I have a duty to become a better person.  In order to do this I am constantly growing and evolving – trying to become the best me I can be, for myself and for others.

Wherever this journey takes me and whatever I do, I know that I am striving to never stop learning about myself.  Who I am today is not who I was 20, 15 or even 10 years ago.  Who I will be 10 years from now is not who I am today.  The principals of my character will be the same but I will be a better version of the person you see today.

So with this in mind, how is it possible to have successful relationships when society in general expects you to stay the same?  When Irreconcilable Differences are cited as one of the top reasons for divorce in the western world?  When people are often told that they have changed and it’s meant as a bad thing?

In my opinion you should enter relationships, romantic and otherwise, with the knowledge that you both will change throughout its course, and this is not only a good thing – it’s a great thing.  As with buildings, the foundations are what is key to a successful relationship.  You cannot build anything that is meant to be sustainable if the foundations are weak.  Common core values and ideals are a must.  You cannot have a long standing relationship if your values are different and if your destinations don’t match.  Along with the staples love, trust, honesty and respect, don’t forget the teachings of the Dalai Lama - understanding and compassion.  Whilst you’re growing and evolving so are the people around you.  You may not grow at the same rate or even in the same direction at times because you’re journeys are not one and the same.  But your foundations and your destination are the base that will keep you strong.

Lastly, the notion that you are half of something and need someone in order to complete you need to be thrown out the window.  You are a whole being already, you are enough.  What you need is someone that will come into your life and compliment it, by supporting you, loving you and understanding you – whilst appreciating the fact that you are growing.

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment