Quotes

Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world - Bette Midler

Louboutins please x x


Tuesday 16 August 2011

So long Fabregas… Adios Nasri…



Finally… After 4 years of will he / won’t he Cesc Fabregas has made the 35m move from Arsenal to his home club Barcelona.

(Side note – have you noticed that Febregas spell checks as Fibreglass?)  Quite fitting considering I can’t recall when he last played a full season for the Gunners.

If I said Fab wouldn’t be missed I’d obviously be lying – the guy is a genius on the pitch, when on top physical form.  But the farce his leaving descended into every transfer window for the last few years was getting beyond a joke.  It reminded me of the debacle of Thierry Henry’s leaving.  Why there has to be such a big song and dance about it – I don’t know.  In the end I could be forgiven for the many times I said to myself “Just piss of then!”

With Samir Nasri set to make the same cardinal sin as Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure before him –deflecting to Manchester City - it appears Arsenals hopes of ending the trophy drought are in shreds before the season has really even kicked off.  (Pessimistic maybe but I prefer to call myself a realist - last year I expected big things and where did that get me?)  With a ravaged midfield, a poor defence and a lone injury prone striker we can only hope that Arsene Wenger actually spends the money from these sales wisely - bringing in not only the players needed to compete, but the experience necessary to do so too.

The football season is never easy but when you’re an Arsenal fan it always seems that little bit tougher.

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment