Quotes

Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world - Bette Midler

Louboutins please x x


Tuesday 15 March 2011

The life of a Gooner

It's tough being an Arsenal fan. 

A month ago we had the usual spate of injuries that regularly plague our first team players, but we had all the enthusiasm in the world and four trophies to play for - albeit one that included playing Barcelona - probbaly the best team in the world. 

Four weeks later and we're srcambling around looking for for a Goalkeeper and have only one last chance at a piece of silverwear.  The latest defeat coming aginst league table leaders Man U at Old Trafford, and saw us kicked out of the FA Cup. 

I've been an Arsenal fan for as long as I can remember and I'm a Gooner for life as I always say - but it does beg the question - Is beautiful football enough?  Every year Arsene Wenger gets us top four of the league with CL qualification but surely I'm not the only fan that thinks something has got to give?  Of course I appreciate his style of traning up the youngsters and the beautiful way we play and pass the ball - but if we're not winning doesn't that mean it's not working...?  We need experience and a few key quality players at the back and up front in order to be a team to reckoned with.  Our defence is poor and as much as I love RVP and Fabulous Fabregas - they are injury prone and easily spend half the season on the bench.  My favourite players at the moment are Alex Song, Johan Djourou and Jack Wilshire, but I worry about how long we can keep them before other clubs start knocking.  Other clubs that have the winning mentality we seem to lose in every crucial game.

Every February / March our season crumbles and we add another trophyless season to the collection - five and counting.  I know the season is not over and one should have faith that the league is ours for the taking - but I'm a realist and I'm struggling with confidence after recent defeats. 

Roll on summer transfer window and the hopes that Wengers short arms stretch into his deep pockets.

x x

No comments:

Post a Comment